Must-Try Restaurants and Eateries in Old Delhi
Old Delhi, also known as the walled city, is a cultural hub in India that is famous for its vibrant streets and mouth-watering food. The best way to experience the vibrant food scene in this bustling market is through a food walk that takes you through the narrow lanes, showcasing the best of street food and iconic food joints. If you are planning to visit Old Delhi, don't miss these places that offer delicious and authentic food. Come hungry and explore the flavors of Old Delhi.
Also read: Discover the best places to visit around Delhi during the monsoon season!’ (travellernook.com)
1. Paranthe Wali Gali: As the name suggests, this narrow alleyway is famous for its parathas. You can find a variety of stuffed parathas here, from potato and paneer to keema and rabri.
2. Karim's: This iconic restaurant is famous for its Mughlai cuisine, particularly its kebabs and biryanis. The original Karim's is located near Jama Masjid and has been serving delicious food for over a century.
3. Kuremal Mohan Lal Kulfi Wale: This legendary kulfi shop in Old Delhi has been serving handmade kulfis for over a century. Their fruit kulfis are particularly popular, with flavors like mango, watermelon, and orange.
4. Jalebi Wala: If you have a sweet tooth, you must visit Jalebi Wala in Chandni Chowk. This famous sweet shop has been serving piping hot jalebis for over 100 years.
5. Natraj Dahi Bhalle Wala: This humble eatery in Chandni Chowk is famous for its dahi bhallas, a popular North Indian street food made with lentil fritters and yogurt. Their spicy and tangy chutneys add a delicious kick to the dish.
6. Aslam Chicken Corner: This tiny shop near Jama Masjid is a must-visit for meat lovers. Aslam's butter chicken and tandoori chicken are particularly popular.
7. Chaina Ram Sindhi Confectioners: This bakery in Chandni Chowk is famous for its delicious sweets, particularly its Karachi halwa and sohan halwa.
8. Shyam Sweets: This sweet shop in Chawri Bazaar is famous for its mouth-watering desserts, including rasgullas, gulab jamuns, and lassi.
Also read: Road Tripping around Delhi: Exploring Iconic Destinations and Hidden Gems" (travellernook.com)
Also read: Where to Get the Best Street Food in Delhi? (travellernook.com)
Do comment which all places you have visited!